Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Remarkable Insight Into What's Real.......



Probably I've been afforded a truly special view into a social ill that most folks appear 'to ignore or not to comprehend' very well. And that is how devastatingly, effectively perfect our communities social institutions have ignored my historically appropiate creative, innovative and practical vocational skills training projects and extremely easy to include problem solving methods for residential maintenance and minor home repair. All designed to advance local young black and latino young men into repairing and maintaining the homes and properties in those communities where they live and play.

The unseen ( sneaky ) result of my long, singular
(Don Quixote like) mission or ministry to ignite focused social group thought & interest on this seemingly (unless you are blind) obvious social cancer that has engulfed Black communities all over this country. Has been the abnormal manner in which many people in my own community have ( in their own sneaky, slave overseer type ways) sought to undermine the crucial, innovative & practical insights that Sy has brought to bear on this painful and shameful spectacle that ignores facing how we as a group can devise effective, practical and honest ways for young black men to become an actively involved participate in the massive American econmic pie.

It's been as though, certain black folk's close to me, go out of their own way to not only reject any part of this noble mission. Of which thru no plan of my own, I have become uniquely, extremely qualified to pursue.

The more I develope creative & innovative ways that would advance young black men into honest, straight ahead self empowering ways of thinking and working, based on my many unique experiences as a master housepainter and craftsman.

It then becomes these people's mission (opposing forces) to discredit me. I see them all. And I understand their motivations even more than some of them do themselves. Few black adults close to me have taken little interest in 'helping me to promote a positive, directional shift in changing the ways in which young black men are not doing this type of work ( I can count those who helped on one hand )! And the others focus their efforts on convincing the youth in my enviroment that I'm some sort of over zealous talker. All the while, doing many sneaky little things to undermine any effort that I design or create. And their have been a great many efforts.

For instance: It would literally take days to read up on a portion of the many...problem solving community building iniatives that I have tried in vain to bring to Maywood and Chicago concerning developing alternative strategies that would allow young black boys and men to learn just basic home maintenance skills so as to begin the process of restoring the communities where they live and play.....
......If I say let's start a housepainting campaign to say 'Let's fix-up the neighborhood (which I have many times) social forces in the black community ignore these creative, practical oriented projects and solutions). And that campaign dies in it's tracks.
Therefore, so not only do I start to get discredited. Silly, extemely thoughless questions like Sy what have you been doing? Or why hasn't your program worked, yet?

And the absolutey fascinating thing that stands out to me is that....The question very, very rarely pertains to simply... Sy, how can we help you get this project into our chruch or boys club or block club? Not to pursue a collectively beneficial conversation on this issue at this point in the conversation ( and in the black community).....SIMPLY, CLEARLY, Translates into where you stand on this topic. Make no mistake about that. Does not matter who you think you are! Some may fool themselves and a few selfish relatives or friends around them, and seek to discredit Sy. But you are very, very selfish people. And your life's path proves who you are. Continue to be who you are.

To continue....So while the prevailing (social -mental-political group thought totally resist assisting each effort to set these (sorely needed) skills training projects inside the churches, blocks clubs, boys clubs, park district and other so-called social institutions. So that we can calmly develope vocational skills training clearing house projects, sort of speak for young black boys and men. And these local institutions have resisted my creative efforts for 20 years by now.
And our communities have paid a devastating cost for ignoring this effort. Although, many others simply ( while all watched) walked in to do this work, because no one would do it. Nothning has been forced.
But there is still opportunity to redirect such a massively missed opportunity. But our community must begin to have this conversation, calmly and honestly start doing the right thing (no more excuses).

But the truly facinating aspect that is probably unique to our group, is how other blacks will, sneakily try to discredit me, behind my back. But never, ever discuss or talk about my many efforts in trying to create effective, alternative ways for young black boys and men to survive and become involved in such an important industry that has, is and always will be right there in front of everyone's face's.

As I said, their energies are focused on why hasn't Sy reached more youth? And my question is why aren't YOU telling them to come and let me show them what I'm talking about? Quit avoiding teaching these skills to our youth. There is no stronger promoter of technology than I am. But, there will always be a place for basic, practical, residential home maintenance skills. All others seem to get that point except contemporary Americans of all colors.

Do not (for a second), think that the world does not see and know what you are doing. The thoughts and actions of African Americans are now being seen by the world.
And the question that they're asking is what are you doing to redirect our disfunctional social enviroment. Many have enjoyed the gains that were fought for in the sixties. Now, it's time to reach out to each other, and let's pull together.

'Criticize by creating'
Michelangelo