Monday, November 07, 2005

Talking Book / Home Maintenance Skills Training Seminars on Audio Tape....Take With You Anywhere!

Occasionally some of my audio students need extra advice on a project or a friendly reminder about what is expected of them from contractors or clients. On this page I'll put some useful tips relating to various projects so they can find the help they need even when I'm not available (e.g., on weekends or evenings). And I'll be sure to update the tips and hints each week or sooner.

I'm a long time journeyman housepainting expert. I've worked for contractors, I've been a contractor, sub-contractor, free lance craftsman, radio-host, how-to lecturer on many skill topics, and more. But, essentially my purpose here is too pass on some of my unique skills and insights, regarding 'the social folkways ', of this industry. So that Chicago urban youth may intelligently and effectively create a place for themselves in this ever growing and available field. Few are as uniquely qualified to tell this story to urban youth, better than myself. I've done the research, I've done the work! Now, our community should stand up and send me the youth who are serious and want to learn, these skills.

It just does not require a lot of posturing or talk!I'm always available for your questions as well. But all it takes to connect this information with the young people in your church or block is a recommendation from you and $25.00.

It just does not require a grant from the goverment or a five page application. Just start enrolling your willing young people! And I will give them the gift of my experience!

And furthermore, it's way beyond the time, that so many, many folks in the community stop declaring that there is no training going on in our community.

The very technology that you're experiencing by reading this blog, allows training to take place. We have access to the tools. Now, our social perspectives need redirecting. I welcome you, and please send the willing young people to this blog.


Five minutes that will change some young lives!